What Are You Looking For?

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How To Prepare for Electrical Engineering Board Exams

Hello folks,

I was just want to insert this post because I know that Registered Electrical Engineering Board Examination is near approaching here in the Philippines. I also want to share some tips I did before which I think will be helpful to you. These are just a short advice.

I think at this time you were able to select your review center in which you will going to attend your review class. This is very important because most of the review centers are giving helpful tips and techniques on how you will going to deal with your major subjects. In choosing your review center, be able to know if that review center has a higher percentage passing of examiners. It is best to asked for advice for previous students of that review center regarding their review class experienced. From this, you may have your comparison which review center will you join as your stepping stone for success.

Keep in mind that review classes are not giving you 100% topics that you'll going to review for your board exam. They will just give you a guide on how you will going to prepare and study each topics which are mostly covered during board examination. Besides, be able to follow these advices and help they offered because most of them are helpful and will keep you on track during review classes.

Explore more on the topics you reviewed during your review classes because this would help you to understand more the concepts or the principles of a certain topic. Solving more application problems are very helpful to understand the used of certain engineering formula. I advice you not just to memorize formula. Use it! More practice helps to built your confident that you could make it on board exams.


By the way, here are the common subjects which are commonly given during Electrical Engineering Examinations:


For Mathematics:
  • Trigonometry
  • Analytical Geometry
  • Differential Calculus
  • Integral Calculus
  • Differential Equations
  • Complex Numbers
  • Probability and Statistics
  • Advanced Engineering Mathematics including Matrices, Power Series, Fourier Analysis, Laplace Transforms and others...
For Engineering Sciences and Allied Subjects:
  • General Chemistry
  • College Physics
  • Computer Fundamentals and Programming
  • Engineering Materials
  • Engineering Mechanics
  • Fluid Mechanics
  • Strength of Materials
  • Thermodynamics
  • Electrical Engineering Law
  • Engineering Economics
  • Engineering Management
  • Contracts and Specifications
  • Code of Professional Ethics
  • Philippine Electrical Code Part 1 and 2 ( National Electrical Code ) and others..
For Electrical Engineering Professional Subjects:
  • Electric Circuits
  • Electronic Theory and Circuits
  • Energy Conversion
  • Power Transmission and Distribution
  • Instrumentation and Measurement
  • Circuit and Line Protection
  • Control Systems
  • Principles of Communications
  • Electrical Machines
  • Electrical Equipment
  • Components and Devices
  • Electric Systems
  • Power Plant
  • Electronic Power Equipment
  • Illumination
  • Building Wiring and others...
I will not go on to details of each subject for the meantime for it is a broad discussion as what we are going to take here in learning electrical engineering course.

Try to take your pre-board exam because it will helped you know and measure your chances of passing your incoming board exams. It will also make you know which subject is your weaknesses. In line with this, you could still manage yourself in coping up with the subjects that you failed to passed.

Is it important to relax your mind 3 days before board exam. It will help you to think well during your board examination.

Just one thing more. Always be ready and goodluck to you!

Cath me more here in Learn Electrical Engineering for Beginners.

Cheers!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son failed in the engineering sciences subject in the recent ee board given this september. He passed the other 2 subjects namely math and ee. He will take the exam again may next year. Will he take all the subjects again or will he take the one subject he failed?
Thanks, hope you can answer my querry.

Unknown said...

Hi to you,

Thanks for dropping by. As far as I remember, if your son reached the average of overall 70% rating which is the passing percentage for the board exam, he will only take the subject where he failed. But if he failed to reached the overall rating of 70%, he will retake all the subjects.

To be sure, you may ask your son to clarify it to PRC to give him a better advice or the review center where he took his review session.

Anonymous said...

Hi, thank you for your informative post. I would just like to request if you can give somewhat an impartial review on review centers or review materials for us. Which reviewers do you think are good? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hello,, i just want to ask about the new subject in ee board exam and where to buy it..thanks for your help.

Anonymous said...

nice tips!!!!! and advice!!!


awesome!!

hope i will pass the ee board exam!!!!

Anonymous said...

GODBLESS!!! thanks for sharing some ideas !!!!

Anonymous said...

I love yah
t.y for givin advice

Anonymous said...

dude can you give me a soft copy of an ee-reviewer..

tnx more power

Anonymous said...

hi! i just notice that the EE board exam now a days will only take two days which is previously 3 days. Do anyone here know the coverage for the first day and 2nd day? thanks in advance!

rob said...

sir can I ask question, as a young professionals in our field in electrical enginnering, I dont know where to start but in my thoughts in says I need to PASSED the Board Exam first. But how? Where I can have my review or what review center do I enroll that can promise me a good teaching and techniques in my preparation for the exam? Hope you can advice me to this matter.. Please I need you response. Sir I will wait your response at my email jb_rsl@yahoo.com.ph
Thank you very much! More powers!

Very truly yours'
rob

Unknown said...

Hi Rob, I'm very sorry for the late response. I recommend POWERLINE if you are in the Philippines. It is located in Espana, Manila. However, I'm not maintaning this blog already. I'm already busy with my personal things.

Anonymous said...

Hello sir.. I would like to ask 3 questions:

1. Do solutions really matter during board exams?
2. How much time is given per set of test and is that time enough?
3. Do examinations include objective-type questions and to what percent?

Thank you and GODBLESS!

Anonymous said...

Hi just wanna ask if i filed for the exam but didn't took the exam, will the PRC consider it as failed on their records? and one more thing How many retakes does the PRC allow for the EE exam?
Many thanks...

Unknown said...

Computerized board exam nowadays does not need to show your solutions. But of course, solution is still a matter just to make sure you are getting the correct and accurate answer for every problem.

During our time, we have 8 hours allotted for every set of exams. Each day you will be given one set of exam. For the first day- Mathematics, the second day - General Engineering, the third day- Electrical Engineering. But now adays, board exam are only given in two days. Please check with PRC regarding how they give the set of exams. If you apply for board exams at PRC, a form will be given for you as your guide.

Definitely, an objective type of question will be given during exam and it depends on the examiner how many percent of the questionaire will be an objective type and problem solving type. Be sure you understand and absorbed the principles/concepts too.

Unknown said...

If you apply for a board exam and did not take it, of course it will shows that you have no records on their file. But will not reflect as "failed". But still, I advice you to check with PRC regarding this matter if they have new regulations about this.

Make sure that if you apply for board exam, you are ready and plan ahead for the preparation to avoid other conflicts.

Anonymous said...

Hi sir,
I Took the board exam last september but im failed..Im working now.please advise me what i need to do to pass the next board exam.you can email me at choknut_09@yahoo.com

thank you hope to get response from you.

Anonymous said...

what review center i can enroll my nephew, we are from legaspi city

Anonymous said...

name of the review center that i can enroll my nephew he is an electrical eng. graduate , we are from legaspi city, albay

edna

Anonymous said...

Hello Sir,

I am looking very good review center in the phil. I'm planning to take a vacation on the first quarter of this coming year and to preparing to take a board exam. i know is very difficult to me to pass this exam because i finished my study for BSEE S.Y. 1997 - 1998.. Can i favor sir if you can help me, please send to my email the complete details and if you can recomended online review. this my email add. elmerccaratiquet@yahoo.com

I am looking your positive reply i am very apprecaite your soonest reply.

thanks in advance

Anonymous said...

hi, sir i am looking for review center which has schedule during week end because currently i am working here in cavite.. pls give me an contact number to be inquire.. thanks

Anonymous said...

sir im a ee graduate and im willing to take the exam this coming i think august or sept.but im also rme.i know is very difficult to past because im finished year 2002.can u gave and \ advice what im going to do.im working now as a eng'g supervisor because of my work i cant review full time cn u give an advice wat im going to do..thank sir....email at my account flauta.erickson @ yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

how nuch the review fee sir ..i prefer powerline...pls send ur reply to my email juncamacho80@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

@ flauta.erickson I know it's difficult to work and review for your board simultaneously and you don't know what's going to be your first priority. I'm not an expert adviser but you should arranged your schedule first on work and at the same time, look for the schedule of review where you are free at work. That would only be the opportunity the only opportunity for you to grab this chance.

Unknown said...

@juncamacho80,I'm not connected with the Powerline. Please visit this site at facebook to get more informations from them:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Power-Line-Review-Center/165751086796396?v=wall

Jael said...

Wow! This site is really handy. Bookmarked! =)

Anonymous said...

friend
hi wanna ask if their is a review center for ee board exam in baguio city? thanks

jhun said...

Hi Sir, good morning, i took the ee board 3yrs ago but i failed i got only rme now i'm working here abroad...i am planning to re-take, Sir can u advised me what should i do i can't attend the review class i'm just thinking of self-review but i don't have review materials, where can i get soft copy ee reviewer? U can email me at jhunm_07@yahoo.com.ph
Thanking you in advanced and more power.
God Bless!

Truly Yours,
Jhun

 
back to top